Sunday, November 02, 2008

WAS OBAMA EVER AT COLUMBIA AS CLAIMED?

My question is: was Barack Obama ever a student at Columbia? Because here's how one scurrilous compendium of racist smears puts it: Obama graduated from Columbia College in 1983, and after spending a year in New York, moved to Chicago.Wayne Allyn Root says, "I don't know a single person at Columbia that knows him, and they all know me. I don't have a classmate who ever knew Barack Obama at Columbia. Ever! ... Nobody recalls him. I'm not exaggerating, I'm not kidding. Questioner: Were you the exact same class? Root: Class of '83 political science, pre-law Columbia University. You don't get more exact than that. Never met him in my life, don't know anyone who ever met him. At the class reunion, our 20th reunion five years ago, 20th reunion, who was asked to be the speaker of the class? Me. No one ever heard of Barack! Who was he, and five years ago, nobody even knew who he was... the guy who writes the class notes, who's kind of the, as we say in New York, the macha who knows everybody, has yet to find a person, a human who ever met him. Is that not strange? It's very strange... When asked about his undergraduate training at Columbia University, The New Times states that Obama "declined repeated requests to talk about his New York years, release his Columbia transcript or identify even a single fellow student, co-worker, roommate or friend from those years." Many of his classmates don't remember Obama. He's not in the yearbook. Columbia couldn't find a picture of him at school. What can be said with some certainty is that Mr. Obama lived off campus while at Columbia in 1981-83 and made few friends. Fox News contacted some 400 of his classmates and found no one who remembered him.Does this ring true for you? Does it even pass the laugh test? OR WAS HE IN PAKISTAN INSTEAD? More often and for longer than the admitted three weeks? Muling perhaps? FULL ARTICLE click here

1 comment:

Word-Drum said...

Thought I might of met him. I was a grad student at Columbia 81-82. I don't think I did. I was an organizer on campus and he was not part of our group.

I did imagine it...

http://word-drum.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!9A7E925FCECBA479!1546.entry